A membership in the Minnesota Propane Association brings value to your business every day. Please take a moment to consider the many MPA benefits that contribute to the success of your business every day.
- Education programs to keep everyone in compliance with the rules and regulations of the propane industry.
- Conventions and Tradeshows as a time to connect with fellow industry members, discuss propane issues in the world today and check out the newest products on the market.
- Bi-weekly NewsBriefs with up-to-date MPA and industry news to keep you informed of issues and events happening in the industry.
- Representation at the state capital and in Washington D.C. to improve the business environment for propane marketers and associates.
The Minnesota Propane Association (MPA) and the National Propane Gas Association (NPGA) abides by an affiliation agreement. Marketers who wish to join one of the organizations, must join both. With this agreement, the NPGA becomes the voice of the MPA in Washington and for national issues. The MPA takes the lead for issues specific to Minnesota including regulatory, legislative and political.
In recent years the NPGA has fought for and won victories on many issues including:
- Exempting Propane from OSHA’s Ergonomics Regulations
- Exempting Propane Marketers from EPA’s Risk Management Program
- Prohibiting DOT from Requiring Two Attendants on Trucks
- Fighting for Propane for Inclusion in Alternate Fuel Credits
- Working to Prevent Costly Crane Training Requirements